Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Sugar-Free February

I read another woman's blog this morning about a program in Australia called FebFast where you agree to give up one thing (alcohol, caffeine, technology, sugar...) for the month of February, and simultaneously fundraise for youth addiction programs.

I wish I could describe the fear I felt at the thought of giving up sugar for one month. I guess that's the sign of a true addict. I know sugar is the thing that makes me feel the absolute worst in my life, and it's also the thing I feel I have the least control over.

So I'm jumping in with both feet. I feel I need to follow through with this goal in order to restore my confidence in myself, and also kick-start some weight loss I'd like to accomplish before running season. If things go well, I may even get my kids in on the action (occasional after-dinner sweet treats have become a daily routine, unfortunately).

There's something about writing this down and knowing that people are going to be reading it (and quietly judging me if I fail ;-) that makes it a lot more serious. Maybe someone out there will be inspired to give up something they feel enslaved to also.



Best of luck, friends!

T

No comments:

Post a Comment